Because of the long chain of volcanoes, the sky is blocked with volcanic ash making it eternally dark lit only by the lava on the surface. The terrain tends to be very rugged and unwelcoming to non-native life forms.
Narisis is geologically unstable and has near constant volcanic activity. Nearly all water on the planet has evaporated, and can only been found in the air in the form of water vapor.
The most predominant area where life thrives are the poles, known as the Fire Plains. Huge deposits of magnetic materials creates a series of floating islands.
Narisis has thermosynthetic plants which harvest energy from heat rather than sunlight, while animal life will have evolved rock-like skin to shield them from heat currents. However, they have evolved to rely on this heat and will turn to stone if submerged in water. Thus, to keep their biological systems running, they inhale water vapor and steam. For respiration, the creatures have special mechanisms that filter out volcanic ash.
List of native life forms
The native flora primarily derives its energy from the nutrient rich soil, but it has also adapted to taking advantage of the extreme heat of the area. Therefore, these plants are thermosynthetic.
- Ash crop - A fruit bearing plant and a common food source among herbivores.
- Rockbark - While it appears as a dead tree, the rockbark is very much alive and actively undergoing transpiration.
- Bloodflower - A flowering plant that is a deep red hence its name. The heat storms that sweep the area frequently carry seeds across the Fire Plains.
- Fire Demon - They are gorilla-like creatures and have similar anatomy as the Muruu-fai with fiery rock-like skin. Fire Demons are the main predator of the Fire Plains and the areas beneath.
- Yol'leo - A lion like creature and common predator.
- Yolbenta - A common herbivore. It is a large elephant-camel creature with firey tusks. They are considered a sacred animal by the Muruu-fai.
- Yolkihh - A flying mammalian creature that constantly secretes a flammable protective oil on its skin. The oil, which frequently catches fire, helps to expend the near-constant heat from its body, while the flames serve as a protective shield against predators.
- Floatrock - A crustacean creature that inhabits floating rocks which levitate via intense magnetism.
A lava river
One of many volcanoes
Odia • Nerisuc (Roma) • Alkuus • Malakoth • Thath (Thath B) • Aes • Arokin
Diabs • Ardeneat (Apsor) • Gluros • Fruros • Skuros • Illipid • Kolesta
Monias • Gerid • Welthar (Selfas, Dessir, Whant) • Korpor
Sillog • Borid • Gasuna • Lazarin
Mnad • Magmava • Angraus
Taka • Dizir (Khovet)
Narisis • Archerus • Endus • Plucharon
Kathonia • Garhoth (Ner'Ackarra, Burwof, Shunketsu) • Verukree (Hadolin, Thrafas, Teruna, Vanolin) • Keldaran • Nifl • Irin
Serenna • Hogof • Lanfyr
Andomar • Pahzik • Kendagos • Sbarn