|Composition||76% nitrogen, 23% oxygen, 1% argon|
Albacin III is the third planet orbiting the red dwarf MIM-4185113c. The planet has a population of 500 million.
Albacin III is tidally locked to its parent star. The night side is covered completely in ice while the day side experiences an unending hurricane. However, in between these two is a habitable band in the twilight where runoff from the giant hurricane creates a series of swamps and wetlands. Closer to the poles tend to be much drier grasslands.
The planet itself is fairly old at least 5.5 billion years old giving the native life forms a lengthy time to adapt to the environment. MIM-4185113c is an aged star and it has begun rotating at a much slower rate than other red dwarf stars. As a result, bursts of UV radiation are extremely rare occurrences, allowing for Albacin III's ecosystem to become far more stabilized and suitable for highly unusual, complex life.
Albacin III is notably lacking in megafauna likely due to a geological catastrophe millions of years ago. Many animals and plants are imported from Earth, but Albacin III has its own share of exotic creatures.
- Glowing mushroom tree - A tall species of fungus native to the Zahar region often used to save on electricity costs.
- Lantern lily - A carnivorous plant that floats on water. It attracts Zahar fireflies with its bright glowing stem, and then it shocks it. Like the glowing mushroom tree, they are often used as light sources.
- Zahar firefly - Zahar fireflies are small glowing insects covered in waterproof fur. They tend to gather around the surface of hot springs creating dazzling effects.
- Ice grub - The ice grub is a stout, worm-like creature that generates heat to burrow through ice. In Zahar, they are a delicacy, often described as being rich and juicy in taste.
- Snatch slime - A transparent, green slime creature that inhabits warm, wet marshes. It feeds by engulfing its prey.
Albacin III was one of the earliest extrasolar colonies of humanity furthered by Michael Albacin using his wormhole powers to transport ships, people and supplies. Over the years, independent governments begun to form, nations composed of a single city and the surrounding outskirts.
For a long time, transportation on Albacin III was considered a luxury due to the overall lack of paved roads. Because of this, horses were the most efficient and cost effective means of travelling. Over the course of the next few generations, technology eventually caught up to the standards seen on Earth.
At a much later point, the Archons discovered humanity's presence on the planet making first contact with the human race. It was on this planet where Savien Wesiford, the Archon-human hybrid, was born.
- Vanda - Vanda is one of the largest and most populated cities on Albacin III. It also has an Archon embassy.
- Port Jura - Port Jura serves as both a spaceport and a seaport. A space elevator connects it to Arija Station.
- Salva - A city in a mountainous area close to the night side.
- Zahar - Zahar is located well-within the night side but next to both a large geothermal vent as well as a large lake. For its constant temperate weather, it is considered a resort.
Michael Albacin • Dr. Stewart Raminti • Toad Queen • Sera Dwimmer • Thaumaturgus • Architect • James Tyr • Ashley Raminti • Roh • Durana • Lurra Wesiford • Savien Wesiford • Galvon Raminti • Riley Malsworth • Allen Attenbury • Brynia Malsworth • Graham the Magnificent • Irigor von Larané • Blank Slate • Originator •Tara Flowers • Joe Brock • Mateo Raine • Quentin Ripley • Ophelia Albacin
|Planets and Moons|