From Omniverse Nexus
Jump to: navigation, search

Star Adal
Type Terrestrial
Gravity 1G
Orbital distance 0.64–0.7 AU[1]
Day length 201.68 standard days
Year length 302.52 standard days
Diameter 20000 km (12500 mi)
Axial tilt
Polities United Provinces of Darya
Population 5.8 billion

This article is about the planet. For the polity commonly known as Darya, see United Provinces of Darya.

Darya (Mavibi: x30px x30px; pron. ['däɾʔjä] , DAR-ya), technically rendered as Dar'ya, is a terrestrial planet located in the Adal system. It is the second planet from its parent star, and is the homeworld of the Darsa. Darya formed around 4.8 billion years ago. It revolves around its parent star, Adal, in 302.52 standard days, and in that time rotates about its axis 1.5 times. It possess no natural satellites. Darya has a 3:2 orbital resonance with Adal, resulting in widely varying orbital distances between them. This gives rise to Darya's seasons, and causes ocean tides on Darya.

Name and etymology

The modern Maviba word Dar'ya developed from a wide variety of Middle and Late Middle Maviba forms, which derived from an Old Maviba noun most often spelled Thor'ya. It has equivalents in every Monbana language, all having developed from the Monba root Tōr'ya. Tōr'ya is thought to have evolved from a compound of the archaic nouns Tōra and Ya, meaning "ground" and "life". It has also been proposed that Tōra itself may have come from the Saurien Ters, meaning "land" or "soil". Ya, however, has since had its original meaning corrupted, and is, in modern Maviba at least, commonly used as a suffix to describe a location or place (e.g. Etenya for Gorodniye'amsk, capital of the UESS; Sartepelya for the Province named after the Sartepel clan, lit. "Sartepel land")

In Sommizol, Tōr'ya (and Darya today) is a deity considered to be the progenitor of all life, including the Darsa themselves. Another modern Maviba word, Talon, meaning "parent", is thought to come from the same root.

Orbit and rotation


Darya's rotation period relative to Adal is approximately 17,425,152 seconds — 201.68 standard days — in length. Darya's extremely slow rotation has resulted in the absence of a day/night cycle in the traditional sense. Consequently, many organisms native to Darya have drastically different circadian rhythms to other organisms from other planets; they tend to be active for long periods of time before entering hibernation.

Orbit and seasons

Darya orbits Adal at an average distance of 100 million km (62 million mi) every 302.52 standard days. However, the distance varies greatly through the year, due to Darya's highly eccentric orbit: at its closest, Darya is approximately 96 million km away; at its farthest, Darya is 105 million km away. This causes seasonal change in climate. Summer occurs when the planet is closest to Adal, and winter when the planet is farthest. The seasons are uniform across the planet.


Approximately 79% of Darya's surface area is covered by water. The remaining 21% is comprised of terrain of various types, and is physically and culturally divided into five continents: Korat, Maran, Ebara, Kanorika and Luksarus. The largest of the five continents is Ebara, with an area of 36 million km2; the smallest is Luksarus, at 4.3 million km2.


The population of Darya as of 544 TE is 5.8 billion, equating to an average population density of 4.6/km2. The planet is highly urbanised; the most highly populated city on Darya is the provincial capital, Maviba, with a resident population of over 100 million spread throughout the Greater Maviba Metropolitan District, constituting 1.7% of the total population.


Main article: Government of Darya Province

As a province of the United Provinces, Darya and its surrounding space is administered by the Darya provincial government, which is headquartered at the provincial capital in Maviba.

Darya itself is also subdivided at various levels, providing several layers of governance. These include the five Continental Authorities (Maviba: Rozdammi Basekurum), 76 Nations (Milus) and thousands of Districts (Kena). Each level of government on Darya is responsible for different sectors, such as agriculture at the Continental level or housing on the District level.


  1. Because of Darya's elliptical orbit, orbital distance varies throughout the year.