- 1 Geography
- 2 Regions
- 3 Ecosystem
- 4 Cities
- 5 Landforms
- 6 Factions
Formed from the rain shadow of a large mountain range along the eastern coast, the Amacata Desert was a dry region with pocket oases. The northernmost and southernmost areas were suitable for life, but separating the two areas was a barren, uninhabitable region at the Equator.
The Northern Plains were a flat area that gradually transitioned into a more temperate environment.
The Amacata Desert had a death zone around the equator completely devoid of life. The area was littered with the bones of travelers and animals that failed to cross this part of the desert.
At the dawn of the Polvoran Industrial Revolution, a railroad was constructed to link the north and south. As the average temperature of the Equator is 135° F, each train had mages casting ice wards to keep the engines from overheating.
The Southern Highlands consisted of rugged terrain including steep cliffs, mesas and canyons.
The Western Savanna was a dry region in the western portion of the desert. It had significantly more flora and grass growth, but is still extremely dry. Dense pocket jungles dotted the area.
The Western Savanna was home to megafauna, creatures far larger than anywhere else in the desert. This is likely attributed to the greater abundance of food in the region, thus allowing larger animals to thrive.
The Eastern Range was a large mountain range along the eastern coast. These mountains were responsible for the massive rain shadow across this region.
- Kaktos - A spiny, ruby-colored plant
- Saguaro - A large, green cactus
- Karnoflore - A giant, carnivorous flower.
- Dust Devil - Dust Devils were mischievous, ethereal creatures that stir up dust storms.
- Gunturosaur - A stone herbivore that primarily eats rocks. A lightning rod on its back absorbs static electricity, keeping it almost constantly active.
- Terrafist - A stone creature with large powerful fists designed to break off the outer shell of its armored prey.
- Wild Jawi - Native to the Southern Highlands, Jawi were horse-antelope creatures with two horns and a set of stripes at their posterior end. They were domesticated by the Picos Barbarians, and later acquired by the Polvora Empire.
- Buffalox - A common ranch animal known for its hide and meat.
- Oxtaur - A subspecies of Buffalox. Oxtaur have larger horns and are far more aggressive.
- Creodont - A carnivorous, pack-hunting mammal that preyed on Buffalox. They were considered pests by ranchers, but some of the native tribes used them as hunting pets.
- Jackalope - A Jackalope was a rabbit-like creature with antlers.
- Spearwinder - A species of snake with a large proboscis instead of a mouth. It jabbed itself into its prey, draining it of fluids.
- Scurida - A squirrel with two tails. The creature's blood was highly venomous, making it resistant to Spearwinder attacks.
- Alleghor - A close relative of the Werewyrm, the Alleghor was a serpentine predator found in the Western Savanna and historically across much of Khyorgan's deserts. The Alleghor tunneled into the ground, sprayed poison at its prey, and could also fatally electrocute animals.
- Amacatan Swiftrunner - A variety of Swiftrunner adapted for the harsh and unforgiving Amacatan Desert. Very uncommon in the wild by the time of the Khyorganese Renaissance, as most had been tamed by the Picos and later the Taulans.
Tangmal City was located in the western regions of the South Highlands. Built at the edge of a cliff, it was the last stronghold for the Kingdom of Taurya before they perished in the War of Khyorgan. It was later captured by the Polvora Empire. Tangmal City went on to be one of the largest cities in the Amacata region.
This area was a collection of Picos settlements made of bones, the only readily available resource in the desert. Most of them were abandoned after a war with the Polvora Empire, and they later became inhabited by an alliance of Elven tribes.
Kenkana City was a Taulan city hidden atop a high mesa in the Southern Highlands. According to rumor, the city was built over a fault line where life energy from the planet bubbles up to the surface in the form of a hot spring. Bathing in these springs was said to be incredibly relaxing, granting healing powers that soothe even the worst of injuries.
Nutakaville was a Polvoran boomtown settlement founded during the Polvoran Industrial Revolution. It was located near the border of the Equator and the Southern Highlands. This was the southern end point for the Trans-Equator railroad.
Located deep within the Equator, Hanturoh Town was a ghost town that was founded during the construction of the Trans-Equator railroad. After being abandoned, it was still inhabited by the spirits of those that perished during its rigorous construction.
- Main article: Alkazar City
An industrial metropolis that was built in the early 1870s NE (Patriarch Solar Calendar). Originally a mining settlement built above a large deposit of mithril, the city was located in the Southern Highlands. It went on to become a vibrant location, inviting tourists from all over Obreidhion.
The inner sector of the city was surrounded by large fortifications with anti-airship guns installed atop to ward off enemy invaders.
This Matharian settlement marked the site of a major battle with the allied Matharian and Tauryans against an army of Demons. The battle was a major strategic victory, and soon only fourteen Demons remained. The fortress which they were holding flew a white flag, which ended two months of occupying the mineral-rich Red Hills. White Flag went on to become a booming mining colony and major historical site.
An ancient city that was founded by the genie Pasir who guided a single family into building a civilization near the River Elin. In the past, it was a sprawling hub of trade and wealth. However, Pasir himself outlasted Waktu which succumbed to war and decay over thousands of years, yet even into the Khyorganese Renaissance, Pasir remained in the ruins of a temple built in his honor.
Found in the Northern Plains, Kematian Valley was a low lying area deeper than sea level. Magma seeps out onto the surface making the area even hotter than the rest of the surrounding area. The valley was a dry area home to an ecosystem of stone creatures.
According to legend, Ayud Crater is the location where a legendary Ayud Armonia crashed down to the earth to take the form of a human - the very start of the religion known as the Covenant of the Patriarch Spirit. The crater was considered by many to be sacred ground, and only those who are completely pure were allowed to tread in it.
The Battle Plains were the vast area surrounding the Ayud Crater. Named for the numerous conflict that took place here, the Battle Plains were a large, flat, dry savanna mostly devoid of fauna. To the Polvora Empire, the Battle Plains were considered a highly sacred region part of the Holy Land.
The River Elin was a large river that flows from west to east.
- Picos Barbarians - The Picos Barbarians were originally a tribe of nomads seeking to raid the more technologically advanced Polvora Empire.
- Taulan Tribe - The Taulan Tribe were a native elf tribe that carves shelters and other living spaces on cliffsides.
- Kingdom of Polvora - The discovery of gold and mithril attracted the Polvora Empire to explore the borders of the equatorial regions of the desert, and they set up numerous boomtown settlements.
- Matharian Empire - Matharian territory stretches as far down as the northern end of the desert, where they control half a dozen mining colonies.
- Amicalis - The Amacata Countship of Amicalis was located within an area of the northeastern Amacata Desert, there were a number of towns strewn around the scrub brush forests there which survived by trading edible Agave plants and nuts in return for water.